Congo’s fastest-growing Ebola outbreak reaches a sixth province

Wiza Bondele, a health worker on the prevention and control team, seen at work in Ituri province, eastern Congo, Wednesday, Aug 5, 2026. (AP Photo/Dieudonne Dirole)

KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — Congo’s Ebola outbreak has spread to a sixth province after a death was recorded in the previously unaffected Bas-Uele province, the head of Africa's CDC said Thursday.

The man died in Buta, the capital of Bas-Uele, after traveling there from Isiro in Haut-Uele province, said Jean Kaseya, director general of Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention.

The Associated Press

More Health Stories

Sign Up to Newsletters

Get the latest from ºÃÉ«tvNews in your inbox. Select the emails you're interested in below.